Are you thinking about moving your car interstate?
In this article, we share our top tips for transporting your car safely, whether you’re moving your tiny smart car, minivan, four wheel drive or beloved classic car!
1. Is car carrying safer than driving the car myself?
Yes, long distance drives can quickly rack up the mileage on your car, wear down your tyres, and overwork the engine. And, there’s nothing worse than breaking down in the middle of nowhere with many more miles to go.
Car carrying is an easy solution that keeps your family safe and takes the hassle out of interstate travel. Your car is kept in perfect condition, and you don’t have to experience the fatigue, trouble, or boredom of a long and expensive trip!
2. How do I prepare my car for interstate travel?
Although your vehicle will be parked on the back of a truck for most of the trip, there are still a number of things you can do before departure to ensure it arrives safely.
Before departure checklist:
- Take photos of your car’s condition and inspect for damage
- Make sure your rego and insurance are up to date
- Check with your car carrier what date and time your car will arrive
- Remove any personal belongings you are worried about for peace of mind
- Disable your alarm system and remove any toll tags
- Make sure the driver knows about any mechanical problems
3. How do I choose the safest car carrying company?
Next to your home, your car is probably one of the most expensive items you own. So, it’s important to work with a car carrying company you trust. You should make sure they have positive reviews and good testimonials, as well as plenty of experience in transporting cars safely.
- You might also like to consider whether or not they offer door to door service or just depot to depot. Door to door service means that you will not need to hire an additional tow truck to collect your car from the depot. Instead, you can expect it to arrive in your driveway.
- A good car carrying company should also be able to provide you with fast response and delivery times. For instance, we are in close contact with our drivers at all times, and can provide updates to customers.
At Door to Door Car Carrying, we’re meticulous about making sure that your car is relocated safely and securely. Are you looking to transport your car interstate? Contact Door to Door Car Carrying today to find out how we could help you!