Rally Australia is the popular final Round 14 in the FIA World Rally Championship, a motorsport competition that started in Europe in January and is heading down under to Coffs Harbour north of Sydney for November 16 – 21.
We suggest that you start planning your trip now if you want to be a spectator at this elite event as it attracts thousands of visitors. Here are some further details that will help you plan your trip.
Attending Rally Australia is the highlight of the year for motorsport fans and a chance to witness the international stars of the World Rally Championship in action. Originally based in Perth the event moved to Coffs Harbour in 2011 and has been held there since. Coffs Harbour with its subtropical rainforest hinterland makes for an exciting location, and heavy rainfall can make the roads especially challenging for the drivers. It is considered a bruising event!
Spectators are provided with ample opportunities for viewing points while the event takes place, with road access and service facilities. The rally moves daily to different locations in Coffs Harbour, and you’ll need to purchase a ticket, either a single-day or WRC Super Pass, to access the spectator points. Be sure to only stand in safe designated areas and behind the safety tape or barriers.
If you want the total experience then RallySport Magazine is offering an Official Rally Australia Spectator Tour that includes:
- Return airport transfers from Coffs Harbour Airport
- Five nights accommodation at Aanuka Beach Resort in a Studio hotel room
- Breakfast each day
- Welcome dinner function on Wednesday evening (drinks at own expense)
- Pre-event Shakedown, Rally Show and Ceremonial Start
- Boxed lunches on 3 rally days
- Exclusive tour activity
- 3-day Rally Super Pass
- Official RallySport Magazine tour merchandise
- Priority viewing at Ceremonial Finish and Power Stage
- Farewell dinner on Sunday night (drinks at own expense)
The relaxed coastal resort of Coffs Harbour is known for having the biggest banana in the world (it’s made out of concrete) but if you want to explore the coast then here are some more of its attractions:
- Botanic Gardens on the edge of Coffs Creek,
- Coffs Harbour has a popular diving centre,
- Dorrigo National Park,
- Oxley Wild Rivers National Park & Wollomombi Falls,
- Breathtaking beaches in Nambucca Heads,
- Nambucca Valley famous among gourmets for its regional specialties,
- Surfing, rafting, water-skiing and paragliding,
- Hiking, golf and beach buggy tours,
- Diving at South Solitary Island Marine Park
- Whale and dolphin watching,
- Bellingen Village for quirky shopping.
Door to Door Car Carrying is an Australian transportation company, providing interstate door to door transport for cars, boats, caravans, machinery and most other vehicles. For detailed information about how we can help you jump online to get a free quote or call us today on 1800 366 723.