Finding a car bargain or the perfect restoration project can be difficult at the best of times, especially when you’re limited to shopping in your home state. Thankfully with the combination of our interstate transport options and online sites like eBay, you’ll be able to score the perfect vehicle at a bargain price, no matter the location.
Take a look at our helpful tips on how to find your next project.
Where to look:
Check sites regularly
Bargains and classic car projects move through sites quickly, so keep an eye out – you never know what might pop up at various times.
Don’t let location or condition stop you from buying
There’s no need to worry if you find the perfect car, but then realise it’s interstate or doesn’t run. It’s way simpler than many people think to transports vehicles interstate. Door 2 Door Car Carrying even delivers to your door, saving you time and hassle. We also have specially equipped trucks to move non-running cars so you can buy your dream car, no matter the condition.
Get independent inspections
Are you scared of spending thousands of dollars on a car based interstate when you’ve only seen a few photos? Don’t worry – there are companies who do independent inspections of vehicles, and you don’t even need to be present! So you can buy your dream car with confidence.
Other online buying tips:
- Do your research and ask questions to make sure you’re not paying more than you should.
- Research the seller – try typing the name and location of the seller into a search engine and see if it raises red flags. On most sites, sellers will have a profile which you can check to see if there are any past customer feedback.
- Closely inspect photos – if a seller has nothing to hide, they will generally provide more photos. And if a photo of a particular angle isn’t available, don’t be afraid to ask for one.
- Don’t be shy about asking questions – any reasonable seller will understand the investment you are making and should be happy to answer your questions.
- Check the service records and research the car in depth.